Teff can be used in many different ways in the kitchen but behaves differently from other gluten-free flours such as wheat flour. To help you understand how to best use this gluten-free flour, we have put together three delicious recipes. We will also help you learn how to cook with teff flour and offer you some delicious recipes to try.
These pancakes are rich and satisfying, even without a topping.
2 cups of Teff flour
1 Tbsp of baking powder
1 Tbsp of arrowroot
½ tsp of sea salt
2 Tbsp of your favorite light oil
2¼ cups of fruit jiuce (apple, pear or any flavor juice you like) OR 1 cup of juice and 1 cup of amasake (rice nectar)
1 Tbsp of pure vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl without sifting.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients, canola through vanilla.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Place a griddle or skillet over medium heat. After a minute or 2, brush on one teaspoon of oil. Using a tablespoon, scoop up the batter and pour it on the hot griddle, one heaping tablespoon for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes for 3-4 minutes on the first side, or until you see tiny holes on the top of the pancakes. Flip them over and cook for another minute or two. Serve.